Model NN-ST48KS - timers do not work as per user manual

Page 25 of the user manual states "The oven will automatically work on 1000W power if a cooking time is entered without the power level previously being selected." This does not appear to be the case and it is necessary to select the power level first every time before entering a time period. It would be very useful for this feature to work as described. Please advise further.

Answers

I also have a similar panasonic model, and I encountered this problem. I use the add 30 sec option to get around it. It only requires the timer.

Yeah the pages of the manual pg 28 states that you have to "set the desired cooking program, by selecting power level and time" required. It is probably the way it is designed and probably why Nuel doesn't experience this issue since he uses the 30 secs option. Personally I think choosing the power level is a neat trick because it provides control on how much power you want to use and how much cooking you want done. > @Nuel said:

I also have a similar panasonic model, and I encountered this problem. I use the add 30 sec option to get around it. It only requires the timer.

Thanks both for your comments but in reply:
    1. The first suggestion does work but still requires multiple operations for my most often used action - 2 button pushes for the suggestion (add 30secs) and 2 different button pushes (power + time) to get a 1 minute reheat. If it worked as per the manual, it would be 1 button push and 50% less effort.
    2. The initial design would have been what the manual says and somebody has changed it without altering the manual. Using the power level is not "a neat trick" as it's built into the design for more complex tasks other than a quick re-heat.

@RogerD said:
    Thanks both for your comments but in reply:
    1. The first suggestion does work but still requires multiple operations for my most often used action - 2 button pushes for the suggestion (add 30secs) and 2 different button pushes (power + time) to get a 1 minute reheat. If it worked as per the manual, it would be 1 button push and 50% less effort.
    2. The initial design would have been what the manual says and somebody has changed it without altering the manual. Using the power level is not "a neat trick" as it's built into the design for more complex tasks other than a quick re-heat.

You make valid points. However, I am not sure it's about somebody changing the settings without altering the manual as you claim. In addition, could this be an isolated incident or a general issue?

Well at least one other person (Nuel) above has discovered the same thing. I suppose it's too much to expect Panasonic themselves to comment on this? I'll have to live with it.