Coupling two “link-to-mobile” base-stations together to increase the max handset count

We are looking to migrate from an old landline-based, whole-house, 8-handset Phillips DECT system to one that can adapt to integrating our mobile phones and gradually eliminating the use of the landline.
We could not find a “domestic price” DECT system that offered to drive more than 6 handsets AND link in mobiles., but we have trialled a Panasonic KX-TGH264 4-handset system.
We have found the mobile integration a great boon (we leave our mobiles by the base station when at home), and have also temporarily coupled in two of the old DECT handsets to the max of 6.
Which leaves a problem; the two areas serving by the last two handsets the old system covered, but the new one doesn’t.
Before we buy more kit, we’d like to find out if we can buy a second “link to mobile” base-station system to get back our 8-handset setup (ideally, we’d like a 9th)
Has anyone coupled two such base-stations together to increase the max handset count, while still integrating mobiles?
Thinking about how the mobiles pair with a single base station, we were wondering if either of these setups might be workable:
Configuration 1 – Use Base Station Bluetooth to link two base-stations together

Configuration 2 – Use mobile Bluetooth to link two systems

Note: It is important that all the DECT handsets ring, nomatter where the incoming call came from, which is currently the case. To achieve this, a variation of either of these could be to split the incoming landline and connect both parts to both base-stations.
Could either of the 4 options work if the second base-station were another Panasonic model/same model, or could it be any “link-to-mobile” module ?

Comments

:# this looks massively complicated. I hope you get yourself an answer soon. Goodluck!

Not massively complicated - can two base stations can be linked together by Bluetooth or one mobile can link incoming calls to two paired base stations ?
    Has anyone tried to do either ?

Yes they can be linked through bluetooth. Panasonic has a bluetooth enabled device like the Panasonic KX-TG9588B 2. Also the Vtech as a similar device you can use. Hope this helps

Hi All, I have been following this question as I am also interested in expanding my network to more than 6 DECT handsets (six seem a rather random maximum)

Hi Sygaldry, To confirm you mean that two base stations can be linked via bluetooth (Config1 in the windbag post) ?
    Thanks  for posting, sygaldry.
    Like Carol 212, I am unsure what you mean.

The Panasonic KX-TG9588B 2 you link to is a USA-only system.
    We are in the UK, and can find no equivalent. 
    If there were, we wouldn't have been trialling the "limited to 6 handsets" Panasonic KX-TGH264 that we have bought.
    The Vtech link you posted fails here.

As for the rest of your (confusing to me) post:
    Do you mean the setup I showed as Config 1 should work, as asked ?
    Have you actually achieved two different base stations together via Bluetooth ? 

I don't want to buy more UK kit and then find it cannot be linked into what we have already got. 
    I tried to look at different sources when it came to answering your question on this topic and the answer I was able to come up with is yes, providing each base is connected to the phone line. You cannot use multiple base stations in the same house due to they operate on the same frequency and will interfere with each other. Hopefully this answer helps solve your problem.
    Not massively complicated - can two base stations can be linked together by Bluetooth or one mobile can link incoming calls to two paired base stations ?
    Has anyone tried to do either ?
    Alright, your question is a bit clearer now. No, I don't think you can connect the two base stations through Bluetooth instead you can split the landline connection so each station is plugged in through a phone jack. So config 1 is not likely to work.  

Config 2 might be more likely, not very sure yet! 

I encourage you to place the two base units far away from the other, another part of your office building to prevent interference.  
    Thanks, Nuel. You say:
    "I encourage you to place the two base units far away from the other, another part of your office building to prevent interference."
    Can you say what form the interference might take?
    There is a limit how far apart they could be and still be linked by Bluetooth.
    The interference that can be caused by this is a significant decrease in speed, or sometimes the total blocking of the Wi-Fi signal when a conversation on the phone takes place.