Problem with HC-X1500 Camcorder

Got a problem guys you might be able to help me with.  Settings are Frequency 50Hz  File format MP4,  Record format 2160-50.00pHEVC Long GOP 100m.  Card used in slot one only is a ULTIMA Pro SDXC v30 100mb Read/ 50mb Write My problem is, I hit record and it starts to record. 10 seconds in i get a 'System Error' pop up on the screen. No button pressing after that does anything. I have to turn the canera off and back on again. If i set the camera with the same setting but this time in MOV mode its perfectly fine. Help me out if you can.

Steve

Answers

I'm so glad you posted this.  I have the EXACT same issue with my X1500 and was going post this problem as well.
    I am attaching the error screen and the Memory cards I use in slot 1 and 2.  

I also am using MP4 and prefer to use this over MOV but that is good that you found that it doesn’t occur with MOV.  

I have noticed that if I turn on the camcorder and let it “warm up” for about 30 seconds before hitting record, sometimes the error doesn’t occur…but sometimes it does and the only thing that can be done is shut down and turn the unit back on.  

Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix????

Sorry to hear your having the same problem. Im thinking my cards write speed might not be enough ? But then i think, well it works ok on MOV setting. If i record in MOV i have to then convert to Mp4 which is a bit round the house. Recording MOV i dont get the sound it just hisses. Im new to all this so any help would be grately appreciated.
    I don’t think it is a write speed issue because my cards should be fast enough.  
    I don’t think I have an audio issue with MOV, but will test it out again. 
    My camera was sent back to SLR hut America . They said they factory set it and checked it out and found no issues. Soon as it came back I checked it out. Iv still got the same problem.  Iv still no idea. 
    @SteveT1000
    Wow how annoying.  We can't be the only 2 people here that has this issue. 
    For the time being, I switched to using MOV instead of MP4 due to this problem.
    Yeah me too but I'm not giving up just yet. I'm now contacting Panasonic UK to see if they can shed any light. I'll keep you updated here. Seems daft to record in MOV then convert to MP4 on my computer 🤪